UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss A New Tiling Forum in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike Mike

Thanks to those that have signed up so far.

Click here if you'd like to sign up for free: Log in | Tiling Forum for Tilers

Cheeeeeeeers. :)

As it is a forum for tilers and not the general public will we be allowed to swear in there? If yes, I'll join, if no, I see no purpose. (And for the record, since I started posting this past couple of weeks, not swearing has been a REMOVED REMOVED REMOVED REMOVED REMOVED REMOVED nightmare! :smilewinkgrin:)

J

jonnyc

I am a bit lost as to why you think you need to have another forum or i could have missed the point completely.
we all need to make a living and you do it by having sponsors which seems fine to me.
As you rightly point out it costs money to run any forum.
Are you really bothered if a few people leave to another forum you dont own.
seems you are doing well here.
i think if I were you ,I would be most worried about the sponsors I have on this forum who might be disgruntled at the thought of you weaning members on this forum that they sponsor way to another one.

Dan, no offence intended but if it's all the same I'll just stay on this forum. I've been a member since 2009 and always found this forum to be a great source of varied views and methods on the same jobs. Different approaches and different solutions are, in my opinion, what keep us fresh and moving forward in our chosen trades.

I appreciate we have sponsors and they contribute in different ways, but I've never personally noticed any bias towards their products or services. I use the best equipment or materials for the job in hand. A sponsor can try to influence me, but I still have my brain and can/do choose for myself.

I hope this forum stays strong and continues to provide honest advice for all comers.

J

jonnyc

this seems to be one of lifes great mysteries or is it?
i understand that you cant run a forum without money unless a lot of people put a lot of free time in to running.
hence the sponsor or you sell a product from the forum you own to cover your costs.
i think im getting old maybe and missing something basic.
the average business man would say whats going on!
a lottery win or amazing business sell out maybe and the opportunity to run the purest forum with no sniff of bias just for fun!!
I myself dont find this forum biased at all.
but to be honest we are are all business men ourselves although would rather be tilers, and i have genuinely never even considered that the sponsors or moderators to be defining our decisons about product we buy.
they are there , I have a look and use a couple regularily but used them before i ever found this forum.
this is a great forum and i think many of us are slightly confused by dans reasoning for this new forum.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to A New Tiling Forum in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

UK Tiling Forum Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum. Here at TilersForums.com we have hosted a place...
Replies
Views
Tilers Forums .co.uk is being used as a menu system to the main tile forums...
Replies
Views
This is the TilersForums.co.uk Tiling Advice Forum Discussion Thread TilersForums.co.uk, the...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.