Discuss A petition I just signed.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Hitherto acres and acres of protected woodland being sold to private investors...nightmare, well I am glad that one got thrown out, aren't you? Before the tinmines, England was covered in forest, hard to imagine now, but we need our woods, what is left of them, to be there safe for future generations... :) Not all private investors would have cared enough not to turn that land into housing estates or whatever.. a big subject where luckily there was a just outcome.

U

user123

I worked for www.woodlandtrust.org.uk for many years. Doing all of there forestry maintenance works.

Oh really? I support them, here and there.. brilliant, Andrew! Even got their sticker on my office window for all visitors to see.. :) They do great work. But this petition is about herbal medicine... even though personally I do nto believe that this particular legislation is as heavy as it may seem at first, it is one of those foot in the door approaches... herbalism must be allowed to continue... who knows if our survival will depend on it one day? How many of us would still recognize food or medical plants in our woods? So the international question is just really an extention of that, we are all of the same planet, and nature is a wonderful provider, as long as we care for it. Woodland trust, eh? Brilliant :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

My name is MG and I love trees... phew, it's good to come out.... :lol:

tumblr_ldwiuxCKwN1qfgjlto1_500.jpg

00477-daily-cartoons-tree-hugger.gif

picnic under a tree.jpg enjoy the visions... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Hitherto acres and acres of protected woodland being sold to private investors...nightmare, well I am glad that one got thrown out, aren't you? Before the tinmines, England was covered in forest, hard to imagine now, but we need our woods, what is left of them, to be there safe for future generations... :) Not all private investors would have cared enough not to turn that land into housing estates or whatever.. a big subject where luckily there was a just outcome.

Ah now I understand - in that case yes I agree with you.

U

user123

I signed up Gisela, i cycle through plenty of trees too,lol.

Ehm, that's lovely, but the woodlands was a previous and successful petition, this one is about the freedom with regards to herbal medicine? But if you do cycle through the woods, do collect yourself some clivers - the tea helps you sleep and clean the liver and all sorts of good things... :thumbsup:

H

hillhead

I know Gisela it's about the medicine, the big pharmaceutical companies have us stitched up.
Even the animal medicine companies are rip off merchants too.
There is times i wish i lived on a deserted island with food, natural medicines, no bills, plenty of food and a few women maybe ,lol.
Easy life eh, a good bike trail too maybe.
I'd have to brew my own beer too unless......... carlsberg.lol

Reply to A petition I just signed.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

U
Just heard, it's the last day of the petition today, they need 500 000, the Avaaz human rights...
Replies
Views
user123
U
J
Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to view my thread and hopefully you experience gents and...
2 3
Replies
Views
S
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
Just had this in an email.... There is an old Hotel/Pub in Marble Arch, London , which...
Replies
Views
M
4,858 of 4,965 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the shame...., 3...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
A petition I just signed..
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.