Discuss a run of bad luck in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
work round here has dried up big time, just had a weeks work cancle on me at the last minute, lost out on a forty metre job to a handy man cowboy, got asked to quote 50m2 600x600 polished pors.......over a floating floor, that bounces like a trampoline. ive spoken to every plumber, tiler, builder i know and there all quite, even the tile shops scratching round for buissness.

i know some of you were quite over the holiday period, where as i was flat out, knocking work back because i couldnt fit it in.

no doubt thinks will pick up, till then the wifes left me with a list of diy jobs ive been putting of for the last 10 years :thumbsdown:.......tile the cloakroom is first on the list.......any one know a good tiler :lol:.....i might get the handy man round to give a quote:yikes:

S

Stef

The next 6 to 8 weeks are going to be testing for us all i think, looking at a double dip recession.
We have not stopped for 2 1/2 years with Hope Homes, local housebuilder, they cant sell houses so its not looking good for us either, 3 flats & a house left for us to tile.
Just tiled the show homes on a new site, the 1st of 500 houses, but its going to be shelved if they dont sell.

Its so annoying Andy when some "jack of all trades master of none" gets a job. you will have the last laugh as you will get paid to go & repair it!!

I'm in the same boat, Been non stop for the last year went on holiday came back to find my next job had canceled and now nothing.
I've done all the odd jobs around the house the Mrs wanted me to do, now I'm really bored and she's starting to nag. Been looking on the job centre website and most of the other job sites and theres nothing round here I'm running out of ideas.

R

Rich

There is not one person on here who hasn't been there, the real big guns have just been there more times than us :lol:

It will pick up, the problem is a small gap like that in your diary can take months to get back in your bank balance. I like this line
"This is how life goes. When your up, its never as good as it seems and when your down, it never fells like your going to be up again".

Just think, in a months time you will probably be begging for a day off!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to a run of bad luck in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
hi, i am a virtually retired tiler (58), legs back hips etc etc. a friend carpenter (65) has...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views
Thought it might be a bit of fun (and maybe educational) for members to share a few stories of...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Andy Allen

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Gloucester

Thread Information

Title
a run of bad luck
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.