Discuss about to do my first wetroom... advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

ian158

Ok, im ok with the usual wall and floor tiling, although im not an as experienced,as you guys, as i install bathrooms and do the tiling my self as you, I have only ever done one wetroom many moons ago, but customer used vinyl anti slip flooring. Floor tiles are going to be large 45 or 60cm as he hasn't choose yet.

So i am looking for advice on what to do, its first floor and the shower will be an electric shower, but he may want to go for a power shower, walls are plastered, no plaster board,floor is boards, but I will of course lay plywood. so questions are.

1. How do i ensure the fall to the waste, can I just lay 9mm WBP screwed every 150mm and use schulter ditra flooring or do i use something else
2. Do I need to tank all the walls and floor or just an area around the shower area.
3. what type of wall and floor adhesive should i use and type of grout, I am sure my local tiles guy can help but what do you think.
4. do i need to tank walls ? as its no different from any other shower right? or do I just need to tape all corners with tank soloution and floor area.

basically what is the correct process, in laymans idiot terms, I feel a little bit nervous but if im given the right direction i would feel confident enough.

cheers Ian

D

davemul

1. Use a pre formed tray. Marmox showerlay / showerstone or an impey aqua deck kit
2. Tank the immediate shower area and anywhere that water will spray / be walked around with
3. I would reccoment mapei Keraflex. Its a single part flexible adhesive. Cement based. As for grout, I would stick with mapei. Either be safe and use their epoxy kerapoxy or there normal ultracolour range
4. Definatley tank the immediate two walls if the shower is in a corner. what are the walls made of? if plasterboard you will need to prime and be wary of tile weights. Best to use cement boards.

check out my bathroom/wetroom project in the tiler forum

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to about to do my first wetroom... advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
about to do my first wetroom... advice please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.