Guest viewing is limited

Discuss About to start a wetroom... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

shorn

Right, I have another quick question!
I have the pro4mer tray that I ordered from wet decs and I also got the tanking kit a well (the nicobond one)

I also added the dura-wp wall tanking kit, however I have just seen that the nicobond kit is for the walls as well.

The shower area is made up of aqua panel, so do you think that if I use the nicobond kit, should I bother with the dura wp as well?

S

shorn

Ok, shower area was boarded with aquapanel and I used the nicobond wetroom tanking kit to tank the area. Now tiling of the walls is done, and ive come to lay tree floor mosaics on the shower area. I started to lay them and then realised that they were not bonding, after a while when the adhesive started to dry, it just lifts straight up of the mat that's on top of the former??????:thumbsdown:

Any ideas?

S

shorn

Well the membrane is down over the former, and this is stuck to it but there are some areas where it doesn't seem to be "glued" down, I was presuming this would be ok once the tile adhesive and tiles go down as the whole lot would be packed down together. Don't get me wrong, it's not sliding about, it hasn't budged, but there are certainly sone areas where it feels less stuck.

With regards to the tiles, I an using glass mosaics and have been recommended Bal Mosaic Fix to put these down. I understand that the last adhesive might have taken a little longer (it is a rapid set) but I could tell it was just not right. The adhesive wasn't adhering to the floor, and the tiles were not adhering to the adhesive.

Should this Bal mosaic fix do the trick?

Reply to About to start a wetroom... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
About to start a wetroom...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.