Discuss Account, s in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rookery

I use Solar Accounts package. I think you can get a free trial too. It's really easy to use and produces all my accounts including bank reconciliation. It'll actually do more than I use it for - quotes, invoices etc. Once you've bought it, you can use it to keep the accounts of more than one business separate. It's got its own forum too for those times when you might need to ask a question (and not a single Rubi vs Sigma thread :lol:)

C

Concrete guy

We are a VAT registered limited company and I do all the book keeping on a daily basis. Anything other that it would become unmanageable as we generate a lot of small to medium value invoices rather than a single one at the end of each week.

I wrote a simple excel spreadsheet in which we enter all our invoices each day.

On a separate page we enter all our expenses each day.

A third page tracks income and expenses and generates the quarterly vat return automatically.

Other pages we use to track directors loans and directors dividends.

It really is very simple and you're welcome to a copy of it if you wish, I could just email it over (email me if you'd like a copy).

Day to day we track money using an old copy of Microsoft Money which is effectively a bank statement generated daily by us as each transaction occurs - we reconcile this with our bank account on line daily.

On a separate spreadsheet I keep a track of stock, we stock check twice a year.

All this means when we come to submit our annual figures all we need to do is a final stock take on the last day of the year and submit all our figures to out accountant. For a few hundred pounds a year all our figures are done.

This may all sound like a faff, but it means any hour of any day we know exactly what our sales are and the financial position of the business. It also removes the once a year horror of wading through paperwork and trying to find fuel receipts from 10 months previously.

It should be easy for you guys, you certainly don't need to invest in things like Sage or Quicken - they are over complicated for you requirements.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Account, s in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB