Discuss Adding more/extra Adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wrl-2

Hi all.

I'm laying Ceramic Floor Tiles in my hallway (300mm x 600mm x 10mm). I am using a 10mm notched trowel to apply the adhesive to the floor. I've laid 8 tiles so far and all are level. I am finding now that the next tile(s) I need to lay need, more adhesive than the beads of adhesive left behind by dragging the trowel along the floor at approx. 45 degrees. The weight of the tile is squashing down the adhesive lower than the previous tile. I have considered scooping a small amount of adhesive and dropping it in random areas. Is this ok to do this? What can I do in this situation?

Thanks in advance ..

Reply to Adding more/extra Adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Which Tile Adhesive and grout brand did you use the most in the last 12 months? And also...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Adding more/extra Adhesive
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.