Discuss adhesive for fire place wall in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

MollyHowell

I also have to tile around a fireplace, but this one is set onto the wall and not into it. That means that the surrounding wall will get quite warm. I had a chat with the reps for Ardex and Bal about their adhesives, but I would like to hear from an independent source whether the extreme temperature will be a problem. Also, will the constant heating and cooling cause the grout to crack? I will be using a ceramic 15cmx30cm tile to cover the wall. Any info from anybody who has worked around fireplaces would be greatly appreciated.

W

White Room

Hi I tiled a fireplace that was housing a log burner and the opening was very tight, so of course the heat would be stuck and get very very hot. I found a company that made adhesive that sticks any type of tile and is heat resistant to 1000c yes 1000c, it's called VITCAS. Only thing is its not rapid and you have to grout the following day.

Thats furnace heat.....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to adhesive for fire place wall in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a very small area (1m.sq) on an exterior doorway entrance wall to tile. I would...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have a shower tray installed and it is sitting away from the wall. I am going to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB