Discuss adhesive for granite wall tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

leeamtiling

Evening all

Looking for some advice. Got a probable job. Customer wants 45mm x 45mm granite tiles on the walls. Which adhesive is best to use ? Also, she has a mosaic border for the halfway point in the wall, is it best to tile up to and inc height of border, then continue the next day ? third and final query, will i encounter many issues trying to cut the tiles with a dry cutter or is it best to use a wet cutter ?

All advice will be greatly appreciated

cheers

Lee

ps - still learning the trade

D

Daz

I'm sorry to say this Lee, but you need to follow your gut instinct.
Being totally honest with you, I think you will get yourself into so much difficulty that it could knock your confidence for your future tiling career.

The tiles are far too heavy for plastered walls and plasterboard is not strong enough either. Your best option would be to mechanically fix cement boards to the walls.
The floor will need serious preparation too prior to tiling.

My advice would be to try and find an experienced local tiler that is prepared to do the job and allow you to assist / learn from it.

And as per Sir Ramic, step away from the PVA, it has no place in tiling!

Good luck,

Daz

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to adhesive for granite wall tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
adhesive for granite wall tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.