Discuss Adhesive for quartz tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Furrhead

Hi, I'm new here.
I have read a lot of the threads but am still unsure about what to do. I have quartz tiles, the packaging says to use a 'latex' type adhesive. I take it this means to use a two part adhesive i.e. it is not mixed with water(?), or does it just mean it must be a flexible adhesive. There seems to be a lot of confusion about quartz tiles (mine are not the cheap ones). A well known tile outlet sold me the 1 part Granfix fastset/flexible (C2FT) rated, but I don't think I can trust the advice they give. These people seem to give conflicting advice, another also said what I had would be OK even after I referred to the 'latex' bit. Please can someone specify a brand name/spec for suitable latex adhesive. It is going onto a layer of SLC on warmup insulation boards over a reinforced timber floor.
Many thanks for any answers.

M

Mr Tiler

I am thinking he thinks floor adhesive cant be used for walls ...???

actually yes Neale in a way mate or vise versa. i thought there were 2 different coping metheds in the two adhesives so didn't think a product stating that it does both jobs would be any good due to 2 in 1 adhesives and grouts having such a bad rep. i think that is what i should of said.... and if this makes no sense to any of ya im goin to bed lol

- - - Updated - - -

Theres no mention of a 2 in 1 addy in any of the posts in this thread?

sorry Neale im terrible at explaining myself over this forum mate. i hope the last post i made makes sense of it all lol

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Adhesive for quartz tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen floor tiled in large plank-style porcelain tiles (90cm x 15cm) about 2 years...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm part re-tiling/plastering a bathroom, which as the pictures show, has masonary to...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've taken on the task of tiling my own kitchen, and before I wreck everything and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Adhesive for quartz tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.