Discuss adhesive for solid wood floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Martino

I could be wrong bit I think it varies depending on the exact type, I've seen it done both ways. Might be better registering on the flooring forum.

Best way to do these floors is whats called a floating floor, just glue the pieces together, remember not to get too tight near walls and skirtings as it needs room for expansion!...always looks better to skirt on top of this flooring :)....i have done quite alot of this

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Best way to do these floors is whats called a floating floor, just glue the pieces together, remember not to get too tight near walls and skirtings as it needs room for expansion!...always looks better to skirt on top of this flooring :)....i have done quite alot of this
when i laid my solid oak floor i got told to glue down to floor,solid should not be floating as its more likely to curl,like they used too with parquet, engineered is floated as it won't curl as its just veneered, still leave a gap for expansion on both though.

M

Martino

I have done quite a few solid hardwood floors in the past that have never failed.....take the wood out of the pack's a couple of weeks before laying...The flooring i have done has been engineered on the back so that cupping/curling doesnt occur....have had work passed on by these customers as they were over the moon....got to do a floor for someone who works for the bbc went down to essex to do this....still happy with it to this day :)......parkour flooring doesnt have it engineered on the reverse :).....not always a must to glue the floor down......ask more on dedicated timber floor forums :)

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
I have done quite a few solid hardwood floors in the past that have never failed.....take the wood out of the pack's a couple of weeks before laying...The flooring i have done has been engineered on the back so that cupping/curling doesnt occur....have had work passed on by these customers as they were over the moon....got to do a floor for someone who works for the bbc went down to essex to do this....still happy with it to this day :)......parkour flooring doesnt have it engineered on the reverse :).....not always a must to glue the floor down......ask more on dedicated timber floor forums :)

i will quote many a tiler on here martino 'just because it aint failed it don't mean its right':smilewinkgrin:

also if its engineered its not solid martino :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to adhesive for solid wood floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I want to tile over a completely new floor. New floor joists have been installed with...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB