Discuss Adhesive for thin 4.5mm porcelain tiles 600x300mm in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pjuk

I picked up some thin (4.5mm) porcelain tiles 600x300mm last weekend to tile the bathroom walls and never had any experience with tiling large tiles on the wall.

My only experience tiling has been with small 100x100 kitchen tiles and tiling the floor with larger 300mm tiles, so any advice would be appreciated e.g. type of adhesive and any tips on cutting porcelain (even though it is quite thin).

Thanks,
Pj

M

Mike

Hi PJ and welcome to the forum.
What are you tiling onto as there are weight restrictions to allow for. Assuming that you are within the limits then you need to prep the walls using SBR bond. A bagged adhesive is essential, and should be flexible due to the use of porcelain.
A bit more information regarding substrate would be useful. .
:thumbsup:
i doubt there would be weight issues as they're only 4.5mm thin. even on pink they'd be fine.

M

Mike

if they're 2kg a tile then they're under the tolerance of 20kg per m2 on a skimmed wall, even with adhesive. as for adhesive go to your local tile store, tile giant, ctd etc, there's many good makes around, bal, weber, mapei etc. i usually use granfix as that's what my local store stock. be careful if you go to the large building sheds as they'll sell you anything and tell you anything too! as del is about to tell you, if you're having a shower on the tiled wall you would be strongly advised to tank the wet area. this is a paint on waterproof membrane which protects the substrate from water ingress. a kit is around £60 :thumbsup:

Reply to Adhesive for thin 4.5mm porcelain tiles 600x300mm in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a very small area (1m.sq) on an exterior doorway entrance wall to tile. I would...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Adhesive for thin 4.5mm porcelain tiles 600x300mm
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.