Discuss Adhesive setting time in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

hey guys.... just a little info if possible

Iv been using Rapid set flexi for my tiles lately as iv been doing contract work so working away alot

the only thing i dont like with this is you dont get much bucket life and i hate having to keep mixing all the time, alot of jobs i do tend to be baths out and shower trays in so the space usually has loads of cuts

I dont want to use an adhesive that takes ages to set but wondered what people would suggest using that may last about 2-3 hours in the bucket and set over night

thanks guys

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
To be honest im pig sick of fast set, i only use it on small floors now so i can grout in the same day .
It was a bit of a ' if you can't use fast set your ****' on this forum a few years ago, what they didnt tell you was how much they wasted [emoji33]
The bathroom im on at the moment, id be mixing a 1/4 bag at a time theres thst many pipes and niches [emoji16][emoji16]

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
hey guys.... just a little info if possible

Iv been using Rapid set flexi for my tiles lately as iv been doing contract work so working away alot

the only thing i dont like with this is you dont get much bucket life and i hate having to keep mixing all the time, alot of jobs i do tend to be baths out and shower trays in so the space usually has loads of cuts

I dont want to use an adhesive that takes ages to set but wondered what people would suggest using that may last about 2-3 hours in the bucket and set over night

thanks guys

hi , I see you are in Darlo , pop into CTD, next door to howdens , you will get weber set plus for £8.99 +vat.

I am am but a few miles from You. :)

Last edited:
O

On one

depends how much adhesve you order at a time i guess, but i order tilemaster setaflex white rapid and they retard it for me by an hour or so it when i ordera pallett.
this is particularily usefull when setting stone as the moisture does not migrate through the stone and cause blooming.
i never fix any limestone in a normal set . travertine is ok
Thanks for that tip about the Travertine, I have always used RSF and had to work like grease lightning to get everything sorted/squared up before it sets in the bucket.

hi , I see tun are in Darlo , pop into CTD, next door to howdens , you will get weber set plus for £8.99 +vat.

I am am but a few miles for. You. :)

Cheers mate
I like about 400 yards fr CTD and iv aactually never been I'm.... Keep meaning to but never got round to it cos iv been too busy

Think I'll pop in tomorrow and have a chat with them

Thanks for the advice guys....... Means a lot
Most jobs I do tend to be tile and grout same day these days.... Putting a 1700x700 shower tray in then 3-4m² tiling around it unless job specifies otherwise
I'll take a look at them products tomorrow and see which I'm best suited to

To be honest im pig sick of fast set, i only use it on small floors now so i can grout in the same day .
It was a bit of a ' if you can't use fast set your ****' on this forum a few years ago, what they didnt tell you was how much they wasted [emoji33]
The bathroom im on at the moment, id be mixing a 1/4 bag at a time theres thst many pipes and niches [emoji16][emoji16]

I did a floor a few weeks back and knew that was my only visit as I was away the next day.... Discussed this with them so I managed to lay a few tiles and grout them then next few tiles and grout and continued..... Came up really well and it still looks great now.... This way I used 1 mix

R

RDTiling

I used to use rapid for most things but I've started to`adopt the attitude of 'why rush'. I used to waste so much adhesive (and mixing buckets) because the adhesive set far too fast while i was messing about with cuts etc.

I pretty much dry lay all my floors now and then number each tile and cut and the relevant space for it on the floor. Some people say I'm doubling my work, but it means if i do need to use rapid set (such as a kitchen floor as Rookery said above) it pretty much is just a case of laying tiles.

Back to your question, I use Weber mainly as CTD is the nearest distributer to me, however I've used Tilemaster a couple of times. My preference is the Tilemaster, as it lasts well in the buckert, but its more of a trek to pick that up.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Adhesive setting time in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
need eyes in the back of your head. Using Norcros NX standard set floor tile adhesive. After an...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB