Discuss Adhesives and grouts for wetroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

alanb

Good afternoon,

I am looking for some advice please on which adhesive/grout to use for my bathroom which is now kitted out as a wetroom. The tiles for the floor and walls are as follows:

Floor:
A combination of 410 x 410mm format porcelain tiles and porcelain mosaic sheets of the same size.

Walls:
450 x 250mm ceramic tiles
305 x 305mm ceramic mosaic sheets

The tile suppliers recommend I should use PCI Nanolight particularly in the areas most likely to get wet but this is very expensive (£30 per 15kg) compared to the many standard single-part flexis around.

Does this product offer any particular advantages/benefits over any other products, is it the most suitable for this job, does any other product match it at a more reasonable price?

I guess the grout needs to also be flexible and waterproof.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Ireland
Aquafug is superb, bet yes,only available in white, Are you sure you want black grout, The tiling will have to be absolutely perfect or the black grout will make it stand out a mile. Nanolight is very good for mosaics as it has good non slip properties, and remember,even though it is only 15kg, it will cover more area than a 20kg bag of normal adhesive

A

alanb

Aquafug is superb, bet yes,only available in white, Are you sure you want black grout, The tiling will have to be absolutely perfect or the black grout will make it stand out a mile. Nanolight is very good for mosaics as it has good non slip properties, and remember,even though it is only 15kg, it will cover more area than a 20kg bag of normal adhesive

Thanks tommy, nanolite it is then.

Not sure what you mean about the black grout though, surely white grout would make any imperfections stand out even more?

Reply to Adhesives and grouts for wetroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Adhesives and grouts for wetroom
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.