Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Advertising. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

We have been having some road re-surfacing done in my area at the moment by the Highways department. And sitting at the traffic lights i noticed on a few of the highways vehicles parked on the verge and a sign saying 'Advertise your business on this vehicle' with a phone number. Anybody else seen this?

No never, curious though

When I first started reading I thought you were going to say you had carved your details into the road before it set:lol:

M

mikethetile

We have been having some road re-surfacing done in my area at the moment by the Highways department. And sitting at the traffic lights i noticed on a few of the highways vehicles parked on the verge and a sign saying 'Advertise your business on this vehicle' with a phone number. Anybody else seen this?
yes I have

dont know anyone who has done it so dont know how effective it is

C

Colour Republic

I see this near a local town to me,even lorry trailers parked up in fields along roads with advertising space on sides etc.In our area it's aimed at southern shoppers who drive north for cheaper food and goods etc.

Yeah quite a bit of that on the motorways too, you have to have a licence to advertise on static sites, so hence the reason of parking a van up i.e. not staic, although I'm surprised they haven't brought out a bay law because of the distraction to motorists

F

Fred

No mate, just another lot of folks trying to make money of short-earned folks like us. Got caught out last year by a web company called ' touchlocal', stated they were better & bigger than Yell, cost me nearly 1K, and only got a 150 note job outa it.

Local ads, paper shops, leaflet grops, Google Maps, and Yell only of me mate from now on.

Still getting the cold-call lads phoning me as my Yell has just been updated, say hello then put the phone on the floor and carry on tiling!

C

Colour Republic

No mate, just another lot of folks trying to make money of short-earned folks like us. Got caught out last year by a web company called ' touchlocal', stated they were better & bigger than Yell, cost me nearly 1K, and only got a 150 note job outa it.

Local ads, paper shops, leaflet grops, Google Maps, and Yell only of me mate from now on.

Still getting the cold-call lads phoning me as my Yell has just been updated, say hello then put the phone on the floor and carry on tiling!

II had that touchlocal lot come out and see me, I never do anything like that but the guy had a different sales patter and I admired him for his cheek so I let him through the door, I had no intention of buying anything from them as I had already checked them out and for what they were changing the return wasn't worth it, I just wanted some amusement, silly and childish I know but there you go.

On another note, has anybody ever advertised in Golfing magazines?

There is a little background to this. I have been checking my Google analytics account for search terms of how web users have been getting to my website, now 3 times over the last 2 months I have had people visit my website by putting the search term 'west hove golf course' in to Google. I did this very search myself but could find no explanation as to why my site would have been linked.

Anyway I get a sales call, as happens at least once a day and the guy says he is putting together a magazine, for 'West Hove golf course', so naturally I’m curious, he then says that I’ve been recommended by a member and that only recommended companies are invited to advertise. My gut says it's sales talk so dismiss it, I tell him as much but ask who has recommended me? He says he doesn't have that info and his just been given a list... I still kinda dismiss it but I know there is a link somewhere, maybe an internal forum on West Hove golf courses website that I can’t access.

So I ask him to send me through all the details, rate cards, and previous publications... the usual. He sends this over and one is for a magazine they did for a golf course in Dorset, so I go through it and ring all the similar companies to me to gauge reaction, builders, gardeners etc. etc. I'm pleased to see that there is only ever one business of each type advertised... one builder, one printing company, one legal. The feedback from them was that the advertising company were very professional and looked after them; the experience was very good in their eyes. Problem was they couldn't tell me if it had brought in any business as the magazine had only been out a matter of weeks (it's an annual thing).

So after all that rambling. Have any of you advertised in something that has a target audience like a golf club? I know this golf club and is quite exclusive and the fees are high. So the target market is good, thing is that I don't believe these people are stupid so I can't believe they would choose their builder because their golf club said so.

Sorry for the long post guys, just something i've been weighing up and it's quite specific:oops:

Reply to Advertising. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
K
Hi all, I'm new to this so please bear with me. I have a problem with my floor tiles that had...
Replies
Views
T
I know some peeps have been quiet recently but I have found the last few months to be mad, the...
Replies
Views
T
I hate these types of companies. Check this out. A company named Group 3 Energy setup some...
Replies
Views
MALE VS. FEMALE AT THE ATM A new sign in the Bank Lobby reads: 'Please note that this bank is...
Replies
Views
user123
U

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Advertising.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.