Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Advertising. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I have seen this on old claped out wagon trailers in farmers fields runing alongside the motorways, they do catch your eye but they could be a distraction whilst driving on a busy stretch

I'm sure they're legal as long as they are on private property though....

It's when you leave them on public highways that the council will whinge:mad2:

I tied advertising signage to lamposts once and the council took me to court and tried to get £20,000 out of me:yikes:That is not an exaggeration:incazzato: The judge just shook his head at the council solicitor:incazzato:

S

Scott

I have seen this on old claped out wagon trailers in farmers fields runing alongside the motorways, they do catch your eye but they could be a distraction whilst driving on a busy stretch.

They are a distraction Alby thats why there are no proper advertising hoardings on motorways in the UK. You read one of them adverts even a basic one like "blah.com for cheap glasses" at 70mph and you could have travelled a considerable distance (1 second at 70mph is 105ft)

There ends you lesson in time over distance, more equations tomorrow :thumbsup:

They are a distraction Alby thats why there are no proper advertising hoardings on motorways in the UK. You read one of them adverts even a basic one like "blah.com for cheap glasses" at 70mph and you could have travelled a considerable distance (1 second at 70mph is 105ft)

There ends you lesson in time over distance, more equations tomorrow

It's like when Gateshead council decided to build the 'Angel of the North' on one of the most dangerous stretched of the A1 in Tyne and Wear :incazzato: Numerous collisions once that went up with everyone slowing down to have a look:incazzato:

But that was OK as it was the council's idea:mad2:

F

fergy7197

It's like when Gateshead council decided to build the 'Angel of the North' on one of the most dangerous stretched of the A1 in Tyne and Wear :incazzato: Numerous collisions once that went up with everyone slowing down to have a look:incazzato:

But that was OK as it was the council's idea:mad2:

obviously... this is local government here... backhanders.com

S

SandyFloor

I have seen this on old claped out wagon trailers in farmers fields runing alongside the motorways, they do catch your eye but they could be a distraction whilst driving on a busy stretch.

A publican close to where I used to live decided to put a sign in a field mounted on a brand new trailer. The next morning the £400 trailer was gone but the thieves were gracious enough to leave the sign where it could still be read. For the next couple of weeks everytime he walked into the bar all you could hear was a rendition of King of the Road (trailers for sale or rent)

Reply to Advertising. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
K
Hi all, I'm new to this so please bear with me. I have a problem with my floor tiles that had...
Replies
Views
T
I know some peeps have been quiet recently but I have found the last few months to be mad, the...
Replies
Views
T
I hate these types of companies. Check this out. A company named Group 3 Energy setup some...
Replies
Views
MALE VS. FEMALE AT THE ATM A new sign in the Bank Lobby reads: 'Please note that this bank is...
Replies
Views
user123
U

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Advertising.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks