Discuss Advice for laying Quartz tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

graham25

I was wondering if I could get some advice on laying 21 m2 of black starlight quartz floor tiles, I am a bit concerned after reading some of the threads on Quartz tiles.
What adhesive should I use ? it's a susspended timber floor that has been screeded over with metal plaster lath with sand and cement and has been down 22 years with no problem.
I intend to lift the old tiles and screed with self levelling compound before laying the new quartz tiles, do I require any special grout and will I be able to cut the tiles with a diamond tile blade on my grinder. I would be gratefull for any advice from you professionals as to what adhesive, grout to use. many thanks

G

graham25

thanks David and Doug for your reply,could you suggest a brand for the 2 part adhesive to use ,as I was just going to use the unibond redymix flexable from B&Q or the Keraflex mixed with water. could you also recomend a brand of sealer to use as I don't want to spoil the tiles useing something that may damage them.I am glad I came to this site before I layed them, as I did not realize they required 2 part adhesive and required sealing, not something the company I hope to buy them from mentioned. Thanks again

Reply to Advice for laying Quartz tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

got an 80m2 porcelain job upcoming ....seagrass carpet currently down on top of foam backed...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 45m2 of 1.2 x 1.2 Mirage 9mm floor tiles to lay. Never done this size before. I’m...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Advice for laying Quartz tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.