Discuss advice for tiling on wooden bathroom floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mark B

Hello,

I've recently joined the forum and have read through as many of the posts concerning tiling onto wood floors as I can find.

I have been asked to tile a 4,5m2 wooden bathroom floor with 450x450 porcelain tiles and electric UFH. I'm fitting a new bathroom suite and will be lifting the existing chipboard floor to re-plumb underneath.

My question is what's going to be the best solution to minimise any height difference after removing the eisting 7mm lamimate flooring?

Having read all the posts I can find and speaking to the tile shop there seems to be a number of options,

1. Overply with 18mm WBP fixed at 300mm centres (approx height difference from existing FFL = 25mm)
2. Overboard with 6mm no-more-ply (or similar) glued and screwed (approx height difference from existing FFL = 13mm)

However, as I'll be able to replace the existing flooring, if I replace the existing chipboard floor with 25mm WBP ply and install edditional noggins as required can I then tile straight onto the new 25mm WBP?

Regards

Mark

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to advice for tiling on wooden bathroom floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB