UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Advice: independent expert report on tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dagger

Heavy,
all Professional tilers carry public liability insurance, and are either appenticeship trained, or have passed a nvq in tiling, or both!

there is a cash in hand culture in the uk which means you can bypass the systems put in place and go and ruin someones home (paid in cash, no reciept).

but in 2010 we will all have to carry and show identity cards to clients to prove we are compitent in what our trade is.

roll on 2010.

D

DHTiling

Heavy,
all Professional tilers carry public liability insurance, and are either appenticeship trained, or have passed a nvq in tiling, or both!

there is a cash in hand culture in the uk which means you can bypass the systems put in place and go and ruin someones home (paid in cash, no reciept).

but in 2010 we will all have to carry and show identity cards to clients to prove we are compitent in what our trade is.

roll on 2010.

That only applys to site work...no control over domestic market yet...

D

dagger

no i dont dave,

i read it somewhere and i cant remember where?

it was a while back, and as most of my work is in the domestic enviroment, it was the main reason i have applied for fast track NVQ,
as i am appenticeship trained.

it was along the lines of to work in the construction industry in 2010,
you will need said card, and the advertisment will be along the lines of "have you got your card yet? you need it by 2010" etc.

type senario.

H

heavytrevy

u mean a magnesium float?
sorry to the orig poster were getting way off topic here,

I hope you get a get resolution to ur problem tho , worst part about tiling is if u stuff it up it always costs big to rectify whether it be labour or materials.

Have u taken detailed photo's of the work? Close ups? pics of the bags of glue he used?
u may need a camera with a macro mode and a level to show how bad the floor is if u wish to take this tiler to court,

Also try and find the minimums standards pertaining to ur particular tiling job.
Do you guys have regulatory body that controls ur contruction industry over there ?

Trev

Never returned to work on a screed once it's laid, do use alluminiun screed rules which give a very good finish

W

White Room

heavytrevy;237758[B said:
]u mean a magnesium float?[/B]
sorry to the orig poster were getting way off topic here,

I hope you get a get resolution to ur problem tho , worst part about tiling is if u stuff it up it always costs big to rectify whether it be labour or materials.

Have u taken detailed photo's of the work? Close ups? pics of the bags of glue he used?
u may need a camera with a macro mode and a level to show how bad the floor is if u wish to take this tiler to court,

Also try and find the minimums standards pertaining to ur particular tiling job.
Do you guys have regulatory body that controls ur contruction industry over there ?

Trev

No mate, ali screed rules that are 2.4m long

L

lawrenso

For the original poster - I hope this helps

1. Don't get a TTA report carried out - you can't reclaim this if it goes to court. Get an independant tiler in who is a member of the TTA
2. Watch out for him spying on you - and don't tell him you are on here asking advice!! You may get threats for harrassment! If you do - just laugh it off - at least until they summons you (which they won't)
3. Be careful with Solicitors - they can run up their bill quickly - and it will always be just under the estimate they give
4. Look at you insurance policies for legal cover - they should take this on for you and put you in touch with a local solicitor - covered by them.
5. I can imagine you are without a kitchen - confirm this with trading standards. It is unreasonable to expect you to be without a kitchen - Get somebody in and get the work done.

I hope this information helps you with your problem. Do not expect a quick result

Cheers

Steve

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice: independent expert report on tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.