Discuss Advice Needed -- Bathroom Limestone walls in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

Katrina2012

Hi There

Im about to have my bathroom walls and floor fully tiled in natural limestone.

1. What is the correct proccdure to fix the tiles to the walls, considering my walls are currently painted white on plasterboard?

2. What is the best type of grout, sealent and adsive to use, considering its a bathroom?

3. What is the correct materials to use under the limestone flooring, considering its now woodern floorboards?

Im so worried its going to be correctly installed, i cant afford any mistakes.

Please advise on the best products for the job id prefer to pay out now to avoid mistakes further down the line......

Well. I hired a building company and the building company sent a tiler round, i did ask all these questions, actually the tiler had no idea
about the tiling and how it should be professionally fixed to the walls because I was explaining all this..
I have contacted the Builder and he said hes been doing bathrooms for 15 years etc.. i dont know cos everyone i get round to price
try to rip me off left right and center... my last quote for the tiling was REMOVED per sq meter including everything except the stone
and sealent...
Surely if he is a tiler he should have known exactly what to do, I would hold of the builder and find another tiler,maybe from this forum you will bound to get a good tiler.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice Needed -- Bathroom Limestone walls in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hi - we would very much appreciate some advice. In October 2020 we had a sole trader come in to...
Replies
Views
I am planning to tile bathroom with large porcelain tiles 1200x600 over water-resistant backer...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB