Discuss Advice needed :best stone cutter machine in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

One of my cutters has just given up on me.
I need to get a new saw within a week.

I started off 20 years ago with Norton Clipper 100. ( 1000mm cut length)
this cutter was superb with dual overhead rail.
only problem was that it was heavy and one of my employees damaged his back taking in and out of van.

I changed to MANTA ALUMINIUM ( NUOVA MONDIAL MEC)
bought the 1200mm bed saw and 850mm bed .(through NATIONAL MASONRY)
these saws were great and really easy to get out of van for one man, but 2 years down the line the aluminium plate shoulder for folding legs has sheared away on both cutters.
this has happened for a mate of mine as well with same cutter and I have been advised that you can epect the same for the new clipper aluminium CST 100 after a couple of years.
Been looking at the raimondi Zoe and Pickus.
they look good but will they last any longer the the manta aluminium.
Seems like the market is divided on the small portable overhead dual rail saw. I have seen many overhead rail cutters in trimline brochures etcc but most of them are single rail where head can cut off line in my experience .
I am not driven by price alone.
I want a quality cutter that does not weigh too much and am prepared to pay a premium for the right product.
In last two weeks I have laid 900 x 900 bateige , 800x 800 moleanos, 900 x 600 jerusalem grey. things are getting bigger!!!
the cutter i really want is the bam 1320. is it true it is made in uk? i thought it was german (carl damm)BUT IT IS SO HEAVY
i really dont care about the price, there is no subsistute for quality .

J

jonnyc

armsworth 053.jpg armsworth 054.jpg here is the damaged part. i am only guessing it is a capacitor. basically the cutter seems to have lost a lot of power without it and
also need to start the cutting wheel by hand to get it going.
anyone any idea where might get this from. national masonary are useless.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice needed :best stone cutter machine in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

C
Hi all, I'd really appreciate your guidance if any of you would be so kind. Apologies in...
Replies
Views
Hi, over the past few years we have got by using our DeWalt wet table cutter when cutting large...
Replies
Views
Concrete guy
C
T
Just bought one of these, and I thought I'd let the tilers out there know about how good this...
Replies
Views
True Tiling
T
Evening all, Got a couple of jobs coming up that will require a wet cutter that can handle...
Replies
Views
J
So I've had my 1200 for a while now and it's done 5-600 cuts, mainly travertine, 610 x 405 x...
Replies
Views
Jelthetiler
J

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB