Discuss Advice needed guys please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

sjw450

Hi guys,
I viewed a job last night, The poor guy has bought his first flat and after being in for a month his wet room floor is coming loose and grout is all coming out, he lives in a 1st floor flat so is worried that it will leak and is not using shower anymore.

I need advice on pricing the job as its a bit of a mess,

the room is 3 meters long and 900mm wide

I will need to rip up all the tiles before i even no whats beneath it and also take off bottom row of wall tiles so it can be tanked and sealed properly

Do you guys no a decent tray to use and best tanking materials,

the floor has to be tiled again with good quality mosaics,

What is a rough price that you would charge including tray, materials and mosaics for that size of room

dont worry about pricing the ripping out part just price as if its a new install

any advice is much appreciated,

Thanks,
Steve

J

Jeff the tiler

Unfortunately this is not a question anyone can easily answer. Basically any of your local stores which generally sell wetroom products in my experience have no real knowledge of how they work.

Secondly, without seeing the wetroom itself no one can really advise you as there could be lots more to the job other than ripping up the tiles and starting again. For example the subtrate could be effected.

For me perhaps you need to look into a wetroom course at schluter for £60 it worth it.

I know times are hard but You may be getting yourself into something you might regret.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice needed guys please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB