Discuss Advice needed. How to but up to skirting. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

maninnottz

Hi im in the final stages of preperation of tiling my hallway floor with absolute black granite tiles.But i have a dilema.
How do i go about butting up to the existing skirting?.
Do i remove the skirting and lift it above the new tiles? The walls are stud walls.
Do i use a trim ?
Or is there another way?
I have spent alot on this project and done want to spoil the finish after all the hard work.Never removed skirting but am concerned it is going to wreck the plaster and give me a head ache.
If i use a trim to cover the join the trim wont go round the door architrave and there are 6 doors to cut arround.

So which is the best option?.

Reply to Advice needed. How to but up to skirting. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for solid answer or opinion. We had some windows removed on an exterior wall and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Advice needed. How to but up to skirting.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.