Discuss advice needed please by novice in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

swanny944

hi there,
hubby & I managed to tile our bathroom a couple of years ago with "bumpy" white tiles & it looks great - however we are now attempting the kitchen using "tumbled white chiaro" travertine tiles - the tiles are 6" x 4" (approx.) & we intend to lay them in a brick pattern,they are to be layed at the back of the work surfaces & around the window,the amount to lay is 5sq mtrs - so not that many - what is the best adhesive/grout/sealer to use & also what "gaps" need to be left between the tiles for the best appearance - although the tiles are classed as "white" they are more of a very light beige colour so do I need a coloured grout? all advice would be welcomed - thankyou

S

Stef

Hi welcome along, get yourself a good quality white slow set powder adhesive, something like Weber set + or SPF, Most manufacturers make a good slow set.
I would use a 3mm grout spacer on that size of tile as they may not all be bang on the same size.
If you can then mitre any external corners or use a flat chrome trim as this won't stick out as much.
I would use an ivory or beige grout for travertine.
Good luck..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to advice needed please by novice in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, We employed a tiler to lay some rectified wood effect planks in a herringbone pattern…...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi there I’m new to Tile Forum and joined to get professional opinions because I really need...
Replies
Views
After some advice please..... We have approx. 50sq m of Dijon limestone 600 x 90 x15mm and also...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB