Discuss Advice needed Please!!! skill build competition. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jwatson

i am @ blackpool college.(wall and floor tiling level 2)
our college is having a competition next week for the 3 candidates to be sent to regenal competition(skill build). i got through the first round joint top, and the competion is wittled down to 6 from 34.
all the cuts we do have to be done by hand; and some are very small slithers that tend to chip, i am hoping someone will part with some wisdom on technics of cutting ceramics (very small triangular slithers) by hand. the technic i am using @ moment is to score on rubi, nip a bit out of each side then use my snapping plyers, this works a little better but any advise really welcome

Reply to Advice needed Please!!! skill build competition. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am in the process of tiling with subways and just wanted some help with corners, if trim...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I would just like to start off by saying that I've been in the construction industry...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I really need some pro advice as I have just had a bathroom fitted and the tiling...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 53945
D
Advice for using Future Skills International when applying for Australian Electrical Licence Hi...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Advice needed Please!!! skill build competition.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.