Discuss Advice needed....... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mistral

Have a job to lay travertine onto that green chipboard stuff and want to drop backer boards onto it. normally this wouldn't be a problem but this time it has got underfloor heating beneath it, which will mean the chipboard expanding and contracting rather a lot I imagine. So what would be the best way to fix the backer boards down in this instance? Could I use Sika liquid batten? Maybe Pinkgrip? I'm not so sure polymer modified adhesive would do it.
Oh and to make matters worse, the top layer of the chipboard has come away in places where the previous wooden floor was taken up, as it had been glued down. Have filled the damaged areas with polymer modified SLC.
Replacing the chipboard is not possible as it runs under the walls and kitchen units.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Reply to Advice needed....... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice! I'm re-tiling my shower after needing to rip...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Advice needed.......
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.