Discuss advice on acceptable standard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gaspode44

Hi,

I'm having an extension built and they've just finished tiling a bathroom floor with porcelain tiles - the floor is new first floor standard timber construction - underfloor heating was installed - wire in screed system on insulation

Problem is the tiles feel very uneven underfoot - considering its a new bathroom some tile corners where they meet are very uneven with at least a 1mm difference - doesn't sound like a lot but is visible and noticeable when walking barefoot

Am I being unreasonable in asking for this to be corrected (ripped up and relaid)

Should some kind of self leveller been used on top of the heating screed?

tiles are 300x300

Rest of workmanship inc wall tiling looks good - couple of pics attached

Thanks in advance

Richard

IMG_20101104_201101.jpg IMG_20101104_201511.jpg

G

gaspode44

Thanks for all the quick replies glad to know I'm not being unrealistic - am meeting with the Builder in the morning to discuss - is there any standard I can quote?

What did they get wrong - trying to bed on screed which was used to cover the heating wires without self leveller having been applied?

any advice when discussing with builder (who I have to stress has been great and has a good reputation - rest of work looks good)

Thanks again

Reply to advice on acceptable standard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Tiling a new extension. Cement poured screed on piped underfloor heating. Heating has been...
Replies
Views
Hi - we would very much appreciate some advice. In October 2020 we had a sole trader come in to...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
advice on acceptable standard
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.