Discuss Advice on bathroom stud wall & floorboard prep, Marmox, Hardiebacker in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jbwtaylor

Hi,

I'm after some advice on preparing the walls and floor of a bathroom for tiling. I want waterproof boards around the shower, and I'm currently going with Marmox. First question is on the stiffness of the Marmox boards: are 12.5mm boards really OK to go straight onto stud walls? There won't be any movement? Or should I put some backer board on first?

On to the floor, similar question really: I'm laying UFH so was going to go for Marmox again, for the insulation, and waterproofing as a bonus. Have solid 28mm floorboards. Question is: will 10mm Marmox straight onto floorboards (with tile adhesive + screws) be totally solid? I'm tempted to go with some 6mm Hardiebacker on top of the floorboards, then Marmox.. is this overkill?

Thanks in advance!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice on bathroom stud wall & floorboard prep, Marmox, Hardiebacker in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
OK hear me out. Kitchen floor. Pro tiler. 15mm clearance from top of dishwasher to underside of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB