Discuss Advice on build up in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

seanmci

We are looking to replace our floorboards (very bendy and have lots of holes) for either 22mm WBP or even marine ply. We have bought some porcelain floor tiles and would like to install under floor heating. Some advice please from those with experience -

Which ply would you go for considering we want rigidity and have splashy kids?
If we wanted to use a membrane on top of the ply what would you use?
Assuming build up would be - 22mm ply, membrane, underfloor heating, tile adhesive, tile.
There seems to be mixed advice on using a layer of insulation under the under floor heating. On the ground floor I plan to use it as we have a concrete slab, but upstairs on the new ply I think I should leave it out.

Any advice appreciated.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice on build up in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
If starting from joists, what subfloor would you use these days? 18mm Ply first and then a 6mm...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB