Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on cleaning black bathroom tiles that have white residue in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

Needhelpgreytiles

So after many hours of scrubbing I finally shifted the residue.

I used the solution Lithofin Wax Off Wax & Oil Remover

Here's what I did, I hope this helps someone too (but proceed with caution, I'm certain my approach is not industry standard, haha).

1. Cleaned the floor to prepare for the solution (lots of cleaning!)
2. Did a test in the corner of the room and saw how easily it shifted paint
3. Cleaned tiles that weren't so bad and watched in awe as they came up like new
4. Proceeded to tackle the bigger stain... not so easy
5. Applied a small amount and left for 5 minutes
6. Scrubbed like a crazy man for 15 minutes with a very hard stiff brush
7. Repeated this processed, increasing both the time and quantity of solution
8. Took a day off to rest (haha)
9. Came back engaged 'crazy-cleaning-mode' and scrubbed again with some solution
10. Dried the tiles and then applied viakal limescale remover, letting it sitting for about five minutes and then gently agitating with the stiff brush
11. Repeated this process
12. With a 5 in 1 decorator's tool gently scraped the final bits of muck and scale from the tile
13. Applied yet another solution

All in all I spent about 4-5 hours and about 600ml of Linthofin solution.

I now need to seal the tiles with stain stop and then apply some grout reviver.

Can anyone recommend a good grout reviver for the floor tiles? I used the pen, which is terrible on the walls, also used 'Forever white grout reviver' with some impressive results on the walls, but not so happy with floor.

View attachment 91180

Reaction score
I also suffered from the same problem of these white and black patches on tiles it's due to hard water may be. But tried to remove or clean it quickly with acids, get no perfect results even tile colors gone due to reaction of acid.

I was quite worried about this and sought the help of local professional tile & grout cleaning services in Box Hill. They used the best eco-friendly cleaning techniques to get the black stains off my tiles, with equipment and it worked. I’d recommend the same for you.

S

Sharon

I have used Vitrex residue remover on my tiles and no it has left white marks which I can't get out. Help

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score

Reply to Advice on cleaning black bathroom tiles that have white residue in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen