Discuss Advice on laying 600 x 600 Quartz please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

4x4

Hi I need to lay 20 metres of 600 x 600 egineered Quartz tiles,

the and adhesive & grout have been supplied
the addy supplied is Mapei keriflex maxi flexible S1
with Keracolour grout + fugolastic liquid
are these suitable?

its a concrete kitchen floor which will have "Warm up" UFH going down

can you also recommend a SLC to go over the UFH, it needs to fill around 10mm depth

any tips and advise would be greatly appreciated as I have not laid this size tile before

many thanks Dave

K

kaharrison9

Was recently asked to instal 600x600 quartz on top of a wet underfloor heating system but after talking with the client he realised it wasn't worth the risk of the possibility of shrinking and curling of the tile and the tile supplier who earlier had said there would be no problems with ufh would not guarantee the tiles.
Also don't think the Keraflex maxi adhesive will be fine either.Needs to be keraquick with latex added or if you want a latex based addy with a slightly longer pot life then elastorapid which isn't cheap.Once quoted on usng it and it was around £70

4x4

many thanks kaharrison, this is the addy the tile supplier recommended same old story aye,

on the tile website it states Miraton is produced with quartz that reaches 7 on the Mohs Scale of Hardness (Diamond 10, Sapphire9, & Topaz 8) making it stronger than natural and other artificial stones.
also its Low porosity makes it highly resistant to extreme temperature conditions.

if this is the case I wonder how it can be affected by the heat of UFH?

this tiling lark is getting harder :mad2: where those kitchen splashback jobs gone!

D

Daz

Keraflex Maxi is fine for this.....

Cement based adhesive for thicknesses from 3 to 15 mm, with good deformability, good adhesion strength and no vertical slip for ceramic tiles and stone materials.
Applications:
Interior and exterior bonding of ceramic tile and natural stone floors and walls (as long as they are not absorbent) on conventional substrates such as:
• Cement screeds and underfloor heating installations.
• Cement renders or lime and cement mortar.
• Gypsum boards.
• Brick walls and blocks.
• Concrete with more than
4 months curing time.
Keraflex Maxi is suitable for bonding small and large sizes on uneven substrates without having to smooth the flooring beforehand and for the installation of tiles (even heavy) with no vertical slip.
Also suitable where tiles have to be laid onto existing tiles on floors and walls and for bonding of insulating materials such as expanded polystyrene, expanded polyurethane, rock and glass wool, Eraclit® (wood-cement panels), sound-deadening panels, etc.Coverage
1,2 kg/m2 per mm of thickness.Packaging
25 kg bags.

I would contact the tile manufacturer via email for confirmation regards the UFH, that way you will have a written proof.

As for the slc, you could use Mapei Fibreplan or Ardex Arditex NA or really any slc that is specified for use with UFH.

Good luck,

Daz

Reply to Advice on laying 600 x 600 Quartz please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Can I trouble some experts in here for some advice on laying pavers on a concrete pool surround...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Dear Tilers, my husband has done a lot of tiling, but would really like your advice please. He...
Replies
Views
After some advice please..... We have approx. 50sq m of Dijon limestone 600 x 90 x15mm and also...
Replies
Views
Hi there I ordered 160sqm of 90cm x 90cms of matching Large Format Porcelain tiles. 105sqm for...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Advice on laying 600 x 600 Quartz please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.