Discuss Advice on laying 600 x 600 Quartz please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

When looking into fixing the quartz tiles i earlier mentioned Keraflex Maxi was the adhesive i was hoping to use.
Have used it often,it's an S1,ideal for large tiles and great for the bed depth it can go to.
I rang the Mapei technical department who were very helpful and they were adament it had to be a latex based adhesive-keraquick with latex,granirapid or elastorapid-in the mapei book both of the later it clearly says is for conglomerate marbile and resin tiles.
Elastorapid appealed to me as it has an exstended pot life of 60-75 mins.
The concerns of Mapei were the water in Keraflex and also the keying of the adhesive to the back of the quartz tile why they were reccommending it had to be a S2 addy

4x4

thanks Kev for your help,
can the "Latex Plus" additive be added to the Keraflex Maxi I've been supplied with I wonder, Latex Plus 6kg Additive For Use With Keraquick - Floor Tile Adhesive - Tile Adhesive & Grout

when I read what the keraflex maxi could do, I failed to read on the spec on the granirapid or elastorapid, but as you say these 2 may sound more suited,
I feel a bit out my depth on this job really, theres just so many adhesive products it can be become mind boggling for a newbie

any other opinions from other members would be greatly appreciated

cheers mate

Last edited by a moderator:

4x4

right this is the spec on the tiles, sorry to sound a bit dense but does this clear up whether keraflex maxi is ok or not?:mad2:

Miraton is virtually unaffected by heat, freeze-thaw, and acid.

Superior strength compared to other products making thinner tiles possible
High resistance to impact, abrasion, and chemicals
Low porosity makes it highly resistant to extreme temperature conditions

Installation methods
  • Traditional laying method using mortar(Cement/Mud) : Not permitted for Miraton
  • Cement based adhesives (Latex modified portland cement thinsets)
  • Rapid set liquid latex / acrylic modified thinsets
  • Epoxy

K

kaharrison9

Unfortunatly latex cannot be added to the kerraflex maxi.
The customer in the end decided with having a floating floor,wet ufh,quartz tiles and the exspense of the correct adhesive to change and go for polished porcelain and not face the possibility of future problems.
I do know of where quartz has been put down using an S1 type adhesive(without ufh) and they appear totaly fine but that's a risk you've to decide on

Reply to Advice on laying 600 x 600 Quartz please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Can I trouble some experts in here for some advice on laying pavers on a concrete pool surround...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Dear Tilers, my husband has done a lot of tiling, but would really like your advice please. He...
Replies
Views
After some advice please..... We have approx. 50sq m of Dijon limestone 600 x 90 x15mm and also...
Replies
Views
Hi there I ordered 160sqm of 90cm x 90cms of matching Large Format Porcelain tiles. 105sqm for...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Advice on laying 600 x 600 Quartz please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.