Discuss advice on sea fishing please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

were off to pendine beach in pembrokeshire, south wales in a couple of weeks

the whole family is going:yikes: im going to need some me time

ive been looking at beachcasters but im a complete novice and need advice

I dont want to spend a lot as I may decide itss not for me, ive looked at the kits and im dubious about the quality and what you get, so ive been looking at second hand kit as ill get more for my money plus I could always stick the gear on ebay if I decide its not for me

so my questions

ive realised you need different gear for different fish, so what am I fishing for off the beach

whats the minimum gear I need to take

the kits are 2m poles with 10m of line , surely this is not enough for fishing off a beach

what lures will I need

I can buy rigs, but I have sent off for a book that shows how to make and adjust them

I realise this is a how long is a bit of string question but any advice or thoughts for a complete novice will be appreciated

mike

ps I want to catch edible fish:drool5:

I don't think a 6m rod is going to hack it off a beach lol, sounds more like a boat rod to me, is there a peir you can fish off ? If you are going off the beach then I would have thought a rod of about 4 - 5 m would be better, you'll need to cast out a fair ways and the leads you'll be using can weigh on a bit, as for bait, rag-worm is the one that springs to mind, of course, if you have rocks you could fish off then you could go lighter tackle and fish like you would do on a river, you could float fish for Mullet, if there are any there, mackerel on a spinner etc.

EDIT forget what I said about the 6 m rod, too early, I thought it was 6 foot lol, as for 10m line, waaaaaaaaaaay more needed, a few hundred meters :)

Last edited:
O

Olz

A 6ft rods not big enough for beachcasting, you need a 12 - 13ft.

I sold mine because i wasnt getting the use from it, living in the middle of yorkshire!!

I had a Diawa Longbeam, which was a cracking rod, and a penn surfmaster reel, They dont do the same surfmaster any more and the new ones not supposed to be as good.

Best bet is to either have a look on ebay, or go to a local tackle shop once you get their, you'll need some line and shockleader, some lures / bait, weights and some other bits and bobs, get a decent knife as well and decent quality hooks.

Again, best bet is to go to a local tackle shop, there will be a few about, and not only do they have some cracking bargains, but they can give you the local knowledge or the area, best baits, tide times etc.

I've yet to find an unfriendly tackle shop.

Reply to advice on sea fishing please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
G
evening all i had to buy myself a new dry cutter and having only ever used rubi and ill be...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
M
Hi all. I have recently been to look at a floor tiling job, where somebody has fitted a...
Replies
Views
mbcmultitrade
M
R
Hello all, Been lurking the past few days to get a feel for the forum, seems some very...
Replies
Views
Rossymcg
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
advice on sea fishing please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.