Discuss advice on sea fishing please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doit4u

Mike I live not from from Pendine and I can't remember seeing people fishing off that beach or any of the others in the area. I think this may be because of the speed of the tides coming in and out due to their height. Once had a mate from East Anglia tried it on the other side of the channel at Brean and he could not belive the speed the tide covered the ground.

My daughter and her partner go sea fishing locally quite often but usually fish off rocks or from their canoe. Main catch mackerel, but its a bit late in season now as the main shoals will have moved up to Norwegian coast by September/October.

If you want me to do some local reserch let me know.

Chris

M

mikethetile

thanks doit4u

if theres no one fishing then theres no point me even trying as its obviously not a suitable beach to fish off, my new books arived and theres a lot more to this than meets the eye

I nipped into a tackle shop today and bought some line , hooks , swivels etc to practice making rigs. I also need to learn to cast so I can forget fishing in two weeks time

ill pick up what I need over winter and have a go next year

thanks for all the advice everyone:thumbsup:

D

doit4u

Mike,

I may have given you some duff info. I asked at the local tonight and people do beach fish round here but mainly in the winter, don't know why. But as I said the tide moves very fast, as the tides in the Bristol Channel are very high and the beaches shallow so it moves very quickly across the ground. Most people fish from low slack water as the tide comes in but you probably need some seroius kit as you need to cast well out and by the time you have done that you have to walk back and cast again.

A cheaper option may be to buy kit suitable for fishing off a harbour wall or rocks, there aren't any piers on this coast.

I tried, this evening, to get advice from my daughter's partner but he is working a late shift.

Another option if you need some 'me' time would be a fishing boat trip. I think off Tenby they do everything from a couple of hours to all day and they provide the kit. If you would like me to make some enquiries PM me and we can swop phone numbers and talk direct.

Just out of interest the guy I was chatting to in the pub caught a 15lb salmon in one of the local small rivers today.

Chris

M

mikethetile

cheers mate

ill ask

the whole family is only there from friday night to sunday afternoon, and its the duchess and me plus her parents for the rest of the week, so its the weekend on the beach with the kids and the rest of the week we are quite happy just driving into the local towns. doing a bit of shopping and sightseeing , stop for coffee and then more of the same beffore heading back to the caravan for tea

the four off us get on well and have the same interests, we dont have to be doing anything in particular, just being out and about is enough

the weekend is another matter as her brothers family have to be doing something all the time and I was hoping to opt out of all that but im under strict instructions to look interested in them and what they have to say.........and no yawning at them when they give me the tiniest details of the converstations they have had with people I have never met..........and deffo no nodding off as thats the height of bad manners

its my father in laws 70th birthday and ive got to make sure everyones fully occupied and happy, make sure his birthday goes with a swing and play the perfect host................or else

is the pembrokeshire motor musuem still up and running

Reply to advice on sea fishing please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
G
evening all i had to buy myself a new dry cutter and having only ever used rubi and ill be...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
M
Hi all. I have recently been to look at a floor tiling job, where somebody has fitted a...
Replies
Views
mbcmultitrade
M
R
Hello all, Been lurking the past few days to get a feel for the forum, seems some very...
Replies
Views
Rossymcg
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
advice on sea fishing please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.