UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Advice on the best wall tile adhesive and grout! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Cardiff Gal

Hi,

We have decided to tile the walls in our bathroom ourselves (which we hope we don't end up regretting!). Need some advice in regards to the best adhesive and grout to use. We have already bought the tiles - ceramic 200 x 250. We looked at Unibond adhesive and grout but after reading some reviews on the net, it has kind of put us off! However we are now confused with regards to which one would be the best to use! Any suggestions?

Also the walls are currently painted (with what i am guessing is bathroom emulsion) - would we need to prepare the walls? If so, what would be the best way to do to?

Thanks.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
BAL is okay, Mapei is the preference for most of the professionals on this forum. And you're right, BAL is often the one that people complain about price-wise. There was a period they went through not so long ago that people reported that their advice lines were always too busy to be practical advice lines. Never tried to call myself though.

Mapei grout quality and range is the best in the world! And ALL their silicones match their grout colours EXACTLY! BAL's doesn't, even white is questionable when using the BAL superflex grout.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice on the best wall tile adhesive and grout! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.