Discuss advice on tile skirting? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Liverpool
If the skirting is to sit on the tile (ie.the floor has been layed first) I space them 3mm off the floor. Grout the vertical joints and silicone the joint to the floor tile with a colour to match the grout. I tend to cut them to the same height as the wooden skirting in the house, satisfies my need for straight lines! The top edge is the customers choice whether to trim or not. I don't grout the top edge, I prefer to use flexible filler as you would with a wooden skirt. Less likely to crack and easier to decorate.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to advice on tile skirting? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Would anybody have any advice the best way to silicone these bumpy tiles. I think doing a bead...
Replies
Views
Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views
Hi I am thinking of training to gain city and guilds on weekends I’m just wondering is there...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB