Discuss Advice Please - Matted Heating and Thermal Screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

saffie

Hi

I hope you all can help me. I want to install electric underfloor heating the matted kind under our tiled bathroom floor, this will not be the primary heat source for the room, it is purely to take the chill off the tiles in the winter.

I have concrete floors and cannot go down that deep, will a 6mm board suffice? I have read about a new thermal screed you can get now, how effective is this compared to the boards.

Is there a brand of matted UF heating that is seen to be the best?

Please, please help me, I really appreciate any advice offered.

Saffie

U

Uheat - Keith

Hi Saffie,
we do stock two different types of 6mm board, Ekoboard Insulation Boards and Marmox Construction boards. In your case the Ekoboard Insulation boards will be perfect for the job.
6mm insulation boards will help the performance and running costs of the Elektra underfloor heating system. If using a 6mm insulation board the overall extra thickness needed is 8mm: 6mm board with 2mm powder flexible tile adhesive under to fix the boards.
You could install the MD100 mat or the MD160 mat, 100w/m2 or 160w/m2, depending on the square metres of your area, not much price difference at the lower size end. At a push, you could go onto concrete with our Elektra MD200 mat at 200w/m2.
Do not forget to say Tilers Forums when speaking to any of us in the office to get that extra 5% discount for yourself.
Warm Regards, Keith.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice Please - Matted Heating and Thermal Screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Advice Please - Matted Heating and Thermal Screed
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.