UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

***tony***

TF
Arms
Hi all, I have got a kitchen floor to do 50 M2, tiling to concrete, in very good condition. Priced it for porcelain in opus pattern. New concrete extension added on, approx 8-10 M2, intended to use Dittra on this part only, with a silicon joint, to keep cost down. But in the middle of the room is a trench for the drain going under the new concrete at right angles, trench is about 5ft long, 2ft wide, 7in deep, builder is going to fill with concrete.
Is there a product I could cover this patch prior to tiling, to avoid expansion joints, it would look awful with the way the trench is angled, if you get my drift.
Customer is now thinking of large rectangle Travertine, brickbond style.
Many thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, i am new to this forum but after some advice if possible please. I am building a new...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
L
Replies
Views
Kevbos
K
R
Hi all Here's my situation :- My mother had a downstairs shower and toilet room extension...
Replies
Views
Rakeshgupta77
R
R
Hi all , First of all I want to say a big Hi to everyone . considering i have never tiled...
Replies
Views
Rakeshgupta77
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

***tony***

Arms
TF
Thread Information

Title
Advice please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.