Discuss **Advice**Tiling A Wooden Bathroom Floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

shillato

Hey Guys,

Am a complete novice but think with the right advice I can get away with a DIY on my bathroom floor. It's a small bathroom approx 2m square and am after some basic advice.

1. should I lift my toilet and basin and place tiles directly onto the tile or cut around the toilet and the basin?

2. which area of the bathroom should I start the tiling first?

And if there is any other critical yet basic advice anyone can give it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

B

Billy Hunt

Hey Guys,

Am a complete novice but think with the right advice I can get away with a DIY on my bathroom floor. It's a small bathroom approx 2m square and am after some basic advice.

1. should I lift my toilet and basin and place tiles directly onto the tile or cut around the toilet and the basin?

2. which area of the bathroom should I start the tiling first?

And if there is any other critical yet basic advice anyone can give it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Get a profesional in mate,don,t take any chances theirs a lot of stuff that can go wrong if youve never done a floor before,a pro tiler would get that finished in less than a day ,so it won,t break the bank.

H

hrgj3270

personally i would lift the sanitry ware if there is enough play in the pipes.Remember tiles will add height to the floor and can cause problems re connecting the toilet and pedestal of a basin . The starting of the project depnends on the type of pattern you are going for (i.e. straight lay / diamonds and if the sanitry ware is still in too. if all this sounds to daunting i would just get in a tiler.

hope this helps

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to **Advice**Tiling A Wooden Bathroom Floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB