Discuss Advise on brickbond in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Crumbs

Thanks 3_fall, yea i get each row will switch between cuts, just wasnt sure how to continue it around the cornors. So 1/4 cut to then follow onto a 3/4 cut, thx bud

I am hoping brickbond may be easier to tile as i am a complete novice at it, walls arent perfect and one wall bellys out slightly so using brickbond it may go unnoticed more and i can gradually work out them inperfections, normal grout lines will likely be more obvious. :cool:

While brickbond wrapped around, do you still do just 1 wall at a time then follow onto the others after or do you do all the walls as you do a row at a time following level lines?:oops:

A

Aston

here's some tips for you on brick bond...

1.As Marc says, you generally wrap around and aim to lose any breaks in the pattern at doorways or less highlighted areas of importance.....in other words, set out for your priority areas first on your walls or floors and then work the remainder of pattern wrap into an area that will be less noticeable on the eye.

2. sometimes you need to center a wall with brick bond because wrapping around doesn't always work out perfectly but aim for a balance regarding the cuts and it wont be as noticeable.

3. i always open a box of tiles and measure the middle of a stack of tiles and run a pencil line right through the tiles so the pencil mark hits the center edge of the tiles...makes it easier to line up when fixing...(keep the tiles square when doing this tho!!)

4. As mentioned above, check the tiles for bowing because brick bond will highlight curves!

5. some people lay in a pyramid format starting from the center line working out wards into the corners and then fix their cuts to finish off the rows they've tiled or some like to work one row at a time and fix cuts at each end as they go..Whatever works for you.

hope this helps

C

Crumbs

Thx alot all for the great advice, i think after reading the replies i will go for normal stacking then.
A local builder friend advised brickbond some time back and said if your new to it, it will make things easier on appearance, :eek:

Please tell me, on normal stacking then - best method is to work one wall at a time? with cuts depending on how you plan that specific wall (ie symmetrical on left/right), not trying to wrap a tile around from previous wall?

The substrate is pretty much flat, just in a small area across where i think the boards meet, it bellys outwards a bit, my tiles are 20x25cm - i dont see its going to cause problems, at least i hope not! :confused:
I've put the tiles on the wall to see how bad it is, lippage is minimal - should be able to work it out to not show at all .cheers :rolleyes:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advise on brickbond in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB