Discuss Advise on tile laying job gone wrong. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Lots of people employ builders to renovate their homes. Some builders actually use tilers to tile, plumbers to plumb, sparkys to do the electrics etc. However, some builders think they can do everything themselves. Unfortunately, Indrin found out nearly too late that his builder was the latter. Indrin also found out (too late) how to prep & set tiles correctly.

This builder cannot tile. Do let let him tile in your house. Follow “Timeless Johns” advice.

This builder does not have a plausible excuse for what he has done to your bathroom. Do not believe anything that comes out of his mouth. You can print off this thread, but he will not look at it. He will say he has been tiling for 20 years and he has never had a problem.

You might be lucky and save a few tiles.

Good luck.

I

ian158

Lots of people employ builders to renovate their homes. Some builders actually use tilers to tile, plumbers to plumb, sparkys to do the electrics etc. However, some builders think they can do everything themselves. Unfortunately, Indrin found out nearly too late that his builder was the latter. Indrin also found out (too late) how to prep & set tiles correctly.

This builder cannot tile. Do let let him tile in your house. Follow “Timeless Johns” advice.

This builder does not have a plausible excuse for what he has done to your bathroom. Do not believe anything that comes out of his mouth. You can print off this thread, but he will not look at it. He will say he has been tiling for 20 years and he has never had a problem.

You might be lucky and save a few tiles.

Good luck.

Thats the point, the word builder...that covers a broad spectrum when it comes to joe public..some expect a turn key project..so they trust the builder to either be the professional, or hire them in..not all are bad, I know one "builder" who is a perfectionist in everything he does, just very few and far between. But if you want tiling done, and only tiling, you employ a tiler.

Reply to Advise on tile laying job gone wrong. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Advise on tile laying job gone wrong.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond