UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Aldi Glue Gun in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I picked up a tip from here ages ago about using a glue gun to keep the mats down when levelling over the top.

I laid a 9m Cosytoes ufh mat today & levelled over it.

I bought this cheapo glue gun from Aldi this morning for £7
ALDI - Thursday Special Buys 27th January 2011

and a pack of 32 glue sticks for £2.50.

I'm over the moon with my little purchase. It definately helped.

Its worth getting one while they've still got them in..

Roger.

D

Deleted member 1779

Aldi are great for their little tool bargains. I've just come back from the Yorkshire ToolFair and I am really looking to strip costs out of these shows.
For example I am taking a smaller stand. I am not taking a trailer to cut down on fuel.
But the one thing I hate is they charge me £160+VAT for a plug socket for 2 days hire. Outrageous. So in Aldi I saw a car battery booster unit with inbuilt tyre inflator, warning lights and a few other bits. It was £35

I had the idea to lash up a couple of 20w lamps to this and see how long they lasted. Pleased to say that the unit powered two 20w lamps on stand all day from 10am to 4pm. So from now on all shows will be done without costly power. I just take that unit to my hotel room and recharge it each night.

Well done Aldi !

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Aldi Glue Gun in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

wish i had bought this a long time ago,i have asked before which one was best for sticking ufh...
Replies
Views
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.