Discuss Aldi offers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Worth a punt Richard. They can only say no.

I think what they tend to do is buy lots of stock suppliers have left over at decent prices. And the fact they're stuck in the store at a decent price means they'll go soon enough. Or so I'd guess.

Having regular offers on random things keeps the price conscious customer coming back too. My father in law always says 'i'll just grab a leaflet for the next offer' and I could guarantee you that every time he does, he's picked what he wants before the date has even arrived.

U

user123

Aldi caters for a lot of people with a liking for tools because it's a German company, and us Germans, well, we like tools and home improvement and practical ideas and such. I grew up with Aldi down the road, and they have always done that, been around on 'the handy stuff with a discount' principle since 1946, successfully, too:) I'm really chuffed we have one here now, was quite exciting for me when they arrived with their Fricadellen, etc.. :lol:

U

user123

I didnt know you were German! [How did you end up in Scarborough]

Never liked Germany much, and arrived here as a technical translator, translating mainly patents, import/export sheets, safety data and instruction manuals in manufacturing, proofreading the other crappy translations, too, and really probably every single text ever written about Martek Drill sharpeners and their follow-on tools, also for Delabole Slate, Skoda (!), up in Yorkshire for Firmac, Wards (Steel buildings) oh all sorts. Long time ago now. Love for Scarborough - and cheap houseprices - brought me to Scarborough :)

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Thanks Neale, I use these a lot. First ones I bought were from B&Q, paid £20.00 each, weeks later they were in Aldi for £5.00 each. They have gone up in price a bit but still a great piece of kit

Attachments

• prop1.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 129
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Aldi offers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Aldi offers
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.