Discuss Altro flooring, disabled shower room in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

T

tilerfil

Love the forum, haven't needed to sign up until now, so much great info on here but cant seem to find info on this anywhere.

Have 7 disabled shower rooms to tile in the shower area only that are having Altro flooring. Currently all shower trays are fitted flush with t&g chipboard in all bathrooms.

I have never worked with Altro before but understand the Altro will go straight over the tray and chipboard and up the walls to form a water tight floor and skirting, however I am unsure how far the Altro will come up the walls and where to start tiling. Looked on their website but cant seem to find this info.

Anybody know the height from the floor to where I should start to tile from?

Any help would be much much appreciated.

Thanks Fil

D

div

sorry mate compter crashed there.
as for tiling set out as u would normally
put ur trim tile/altro on with the contact adeshive i also pin it to
i find using a curved stanley blade best for saftey flooring
put some dry slc round grate 2 stop it running down it
when cutting altro to fit under trim use ur spirit level i use 600mm an pencil mark it then cut. dont try a cutting full wall at one time 9/10 u run off...

i use a piece of 12 or 18mm ply with a bit of carpet wrapped half round it to smooth flooring when laying ..
any more i can help i.e welds give us a shout
best of:smilewinkgrin:

Upvote 0
D

div

can b a little daunting laying ur first time mate but will try an give u a run down....
slc floor
apply cove formers around base of room this comes in rubber lenghts it has 2 ribs on the back.. one for the floor other for wall
u double stick this on...(contact adeshive on both former and wall)...
leave 2 go tacky then apply round room..about 10-15min..
this is were i come up 100mm and ur finished tile height will b about 100mm-130mm..as dave said no more than 150mm..
u will need a heat gun an attachments for laying the s/flooring.
tricky bit now.. u will heat s/flooring 2 soften it so as u can manipulate into corners for ur cuts an welds..
the gun will have numbers on it from 1-9 again differant guns will need differant setting i.e. wat no. 2 set at..
for cuts in the corners the s/flooring will b overlapping in the corners so u will cut down from top down onto the floor usually about 20mm-50mm beyong the former onto the floor..
for welds u will put attachments on the gun and feed weld thro an run down ur cut...again not wanting 2 burn s/flooring mate...
after welds hav hardened u will either cut off with a don carlos knife or the small rounded cutter that comes with the gun..
sorry if this is long an winded mate but just a "quick" run down..
my fingers r killing me here....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Upvote 0
D

div

cheers timeless
but i think it should b part of the modern day appr..
as its getting more comming these days an it would be good for the younger ones 2 get in 2...and the older guys 2.."my back is killing me"...an knees lol
cos if ur in tiling a wet room with the saftey flooring u would want 2 c it thro?..imo
plus the money is very GOOD lol
but i hope my wee post hasnt put anybody of it.. as i said its daunting at first but so is tiling ur first job once you have been trained or shown how its done its pretty straight foward imo
cheers div

Upvote 0
T

Time's Ran Out

Div - it might be part of the modern day ......
Apart from that I couldn't understand anything legible in your thread!
The problems that the building industry are often associated with is often caused by people who are not proficient in a particular trade undertaking work and charging full rates for sub standard cratsmanship.
If you wish to sell your wares as a sheet flooring contractor at least have the integrity not to flaunt it on a public forum IMO!!!!

Timeless John.

Upvote 0
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Altro flooring, disabled shower room in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB