Discuss Aluminium tile edge on Wall tile. Should there be a gap? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

OttawaMan

I have never tiled anythign in my life so excuse my ignorance. A friend helped me tile a small corner shower in 13" x 13" porcelain tiles. All has gone relatively well however on both edges I have chosen to finish it with an aluminum edge. In my mind the tile should reach the edge of not actually recess into it however a few of the tiles seem to have been cut a bit narrow and don't reach.

Now my friend the jack of all trades says that's fine...the grout will fill that. It may very well but won't it look stupid?? The gap on some tiles is approx. 1/8" and some tiles are right to the edge as seen in the attached photo.

So my question is two-fold. Should I be concerned or is he right that once I grout, it will look fine? Or should I pull those tiles and re-measure and cut? That being said, can I just pull a tile and re-mortar and slap a new tile in it's place?

I'm desparate for quick advice as I need to start showering!

WP_20121127_003.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Aluminium tile edge on Wall tile. Should there be a gap? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Ok I am fitting the tile trim L shaped aluminium profile around the window, Dave you are right...
Replies
Views
Hi all Having a bit of a mare; after having my last shower installation botched (but thankfully...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P
Hi folks. I hired a guy to hang and prep backerboard around my tub surround, so that I can...
Replies
Views
Statsi75
S
We now have a professional tiler in attempting to tile a wall up to an external corner where he...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB