Discuss An out of square room in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hi guys (and gals).

I'm going to have a go at tiling a 3sq m wc room floor. My issue is that I want to try and have the tiles symmetrical (as far as possible) but the room is far from square. There is about a 5cm difference in width between one end and the other.

This is probably a silly question, but I think I've now over thought things: how would I go about setting out the floor to find the centre of the room.

The floor is floor boards which I was going to over ply with 9mm exterior ply. Tiles are 30 x 30 Jakarta polished porcelain from Tile Giant. I've bought LTP sealer to seal before and after grouting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Q

Qwerty

Hi guys (and gals).

I'm going to have a go at tiling a 3sq m wc room floor. My issue is that I want to try and have the tiles symmetrical (as far as possible) but the room is far from square. There is about a 5cm difference in width between one end and the other.

This is probably a silly question, but I think I've now over thought things: how would I go about setting out the floor to find the centre of the room.

The floor is floor boards which I was going to over ply with 9mm exterior ply. Tiles are 30 x 30 Jakarta polished porcelain from Tile Giant. I've bought LTP sealer to seal before and after grouting.

Any help would be appreciated.

First of all, you will not need to seal the Jakarta tiles. I have fitted these and they were just fine. Out of interest which LTP sealer have you purchased as LTP mpg is really the only suitable one. It won't do any harm to use this but I found Jakarta was fine without.

Secondly, don't use ply to overboard. Use a tile backer board such as Marmox, aquapanel or hardibacker.

As for finding centre.......it all depends if the room runs out symmetrically on parallel sides, if it is one wall then is it the one that is less obvious (ie hidden by a doorway or units) or which wall is at near to 90' to the ends.

Photos would be of great assistance and you may want to create a profile to access the forum fully

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to An out of square room in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice on how much adhesive to use. I’ve taken on my first tiling project and found...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB