Guest viewing is limited

Discuss and here endeth the lesson.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jamie B

left two of the lads who are apprentice to me at the moment on a job today..fairly straightforward..30x30 ceramics on a very straight screed..saw em this morning and went through the setting out etc. and left them to it..my parting words were "I know it's overcast, but it's hot..don't leave it till the end of the day to wash off..do it before tea and lunch"..lo and behold I came back at 5pm to see the pair of them scrubbing/digging away like maniacs at 25m2 of floor:lol::lol::lol: did make me laugh as I rolled away home..they're good blokes, but I did love leaving them with the 'I told you so' vibe....we've all had it I s'pose!..I'm orrible aren't I?:lol:

J

jamie B

you just gotta trust mate...i'm giving it the big one on the forum, but mine really are smart lads, if the worst they can do is forget to wash off I can live with that!..the job looked great..and unlike my old guvnors I tell them so!...everyone's gotta start somewhere haven't they?...when I think of the hellish days at work I had as a kid ..my best friend and I were both apprentice at the same time on the same firm and we both literally had days where you would come home nearly in tears cos the tilers would be so hard on you...it makes me try to get somewhere inbetween..ie..I can show you stuff and yes I will be demanding of quality..but you're not an idiot if you make mistakes..it's my failing as a teacher if I don't show you EXACTLY what I want...god I feel old!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reply to and here endeth the lesson.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

D
went away caravanning this weekend,,,,however when we got to site we realised that Mrs Doug had...
Replies
Views
O
M
Hi all, I am going to a play tomorrow night an it is about 4 tilers. Did anyone on the forum...
Replies
Views
M
Yesterday I went for a quick ski session at Manchester Chill Factore (that's how they spell it...
2 3
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T
E
I did a job for a customer just before christmas she had a 50sqm travertine floor laid and the...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
G
Ok so this was my 1st time having wanting to attend for years. Lots of my mates go each year and...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
and here endeth the lesson....
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.