Discuss Broken Ankle! - Ouch! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Max@ableskills

Yesterday I went for a quick ski session at Manchester Chill Factore (that's how they spell it for some reason) with a bunch of mates, about 8 of us all in all, I'm the only skier out of the bunch. Tell a lie there's a guy that doesn't come much that ski's but he seemed to disappear before the day was out.

Me and two of them go on proper skiing holidays so know each other's style very well. We tend to be very competitive and them being on snowboards and me the only skier gives some interesting downhill races.

We tend to take turns leading, and due to traffic on the slopes, and us not wanting to take the micky and take over the whole thing which can put off newbies somewhat, we follow in a line, so the guy at the front has to think the most as he's making a path for all of us. This means that if he chooses the right path we can get down the whole thing without any of the three of us cutting up anybody which can br frowned upon, and if we knocked somebody over racing they'd probably kick off a bit.

So we don't normally do this at the chill factore as it's such a short run, just a couple of hundred feet. But as so many were there the big heads came out and we took turns chasing each other trying to find a point to overtake. Almost impossible really. The guy at the back has the hardest job, and with skiers and snowboarders naturally taking different paths as you have more directional control on boards but have more downhill speed on skis, it leads to some interesting races.

Did about 4 hours, had 4 left on my ticket.

About 12ft from the bottom of the slope I made a rookie mistake as I caught up too quickly with a mate who changed direction quickly therefore he slowed down somewhat and me on Skis needs a bit of thinking time to change direction so quickly without knocking him off, crossed my skis. OOps.

My left ski came off, my right ski went right, but my body was still going downhill at speed.

SNAP.

Broke my ankle, they shut down all the lifts to run to me, so about 70 people on the lifts were all watching, then the balcony had about 40 people on it watching, all the people queueing for the lifts (prob another 30 or so) were watching, and they wanted to bring a stretcher out.

Got my mate to carry me honeymoon style instead, with my arms wrapped around his neck and his arms under my legs and back as if he was taking me to bed lmao

Went the A&E today as by the time I got back from manchester the drunks were probably all in the A&E and I didn't fancy waiting hours with 'em all.

So 6-8 weeks with no driving (anybody who knows me well will know that's probably my biggest issue) and lots of time on the laptop, working, boooooo.

Bit of a maul changing the baby now too, takes a good 20 mins to get on the floor, change her, get back up, and then tidy away all the 'tools' lol

Ouch, welcome to the club Dan. I broke three ribs some years ago snowboarding in austria. I had only been there 45 minutes of my first day when it happened lol!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Ouch, welcome to the club Dan. I broke three ribs some years ago snowboarding in austria. I had only been there 45 minutes of my first day when it happened lol!

That's what everybody dreads when you're on your first couple of days. That must have sucked.

I bet you still went out after a couple of days though?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Broken Ankle! - Ouch! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Broken Ankle! - Ouch!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.