UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Anhydride screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Sand it with a rotary STR sander and 60 grit paper followed by vacuuming. You can still stick ditra down with non cement adhesive but this is nothing to do with sanding. You are sanding to remove surface contamination and loose friable materials from the screed surface.

Floor Scarifier 110v

This is the type of machine

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
The screed should be below 75%relative humidity when measured with a hair hygrometer in order to tile successfully with a cement based adhesive. Schluter do say that you can lay the uncoupling membranes at 2% moisture which would be around 95 to 98 % rh but they do not I've any firm guidance on how this might be acheived as the adhesive manufacturers all say 75% or less.

The alternative is to use a gypsum based adhesive. Most of these can be used primerless at below 85% relative humidity although you need to be careful not to abuse this. Bare in mind also that the screed can be aggressively force dried after just seven days so you can get it dry pretty quickly. The only issue with gypsum is that there is some extra cost up front but to be fair of all the nationals I have dealt with they have felt that this is a small price to pay in the overall scheme of things compar to cost of delays or of failures. Bae in mind that evenif itis more expensive they will still try and squeeze your prices so stand firm.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Anhydride screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, We're having our downstairs tiles installed soon, about 82m2 of 1.2x1.2m square...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....just a quick priming query please. Calcium based screed... heating commissioned...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I am planning to lay 600mm x 600mm x 20mm slate on to an anhydrite screed. It is a very thick...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.