Discuss Anhydrite friendly adhesives. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I hear you Alan.. but why charge so much for a product that costs no more to manufacture than a cement based product..

Ok , if any adhesive manufacturers are reading this , then please jump in and enlighten us tilers as to why the ingredients are more costly..?

I agree with a lot of the comments that have been said during this discussion and I also agree that gypsum based adhesives do appear to be expensive.

A bit of extra advice from our experiences, we are in the process of developing a gypsum based adhesive:

The main gypsum based raw materials are more expensive that portland cement for us to purchase, so there is definately an increase in the formulation costs over a cement based adhesive.
Our plant is set up for cement based products and so there is extra work/processes required in manufacturing a gypsum based adhesive, we have to allow for this.

As touched on in a previous post, the demand isn't there like cement based adhesives and therefore other manufacturers in my opinion charge a little more due to the lack of competition.

Our gypsum adhesive will be ready in 8 - 12 weeks time, the formulation is ready, the initial tests have gone well, we are simply crossing the t's and dotting the i's. We will be supplying our stockists at competitive prices and as a result tile fixers/contractors will be able to purchase our gypsum adhesive for between £15 - £18 per 20kg unit depending on quantities etc.

In summary, I can understand why fixers are charged more for gypsum adhesives, they do cost more to manufacture.

The reason for the difference in price between grey and white adhesives is as mentioned by Alan due to the purchasing prices of grey and white cement. Grey cement is quarried in the UK, all white cement is imported from places such as Turkey, Denmark and Belgium, hence the purchasing prices are significantly different.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Anhydrite friendly adhesives. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
I've just had the whole ground floor of a house we are working on levelled with a pump in liquid...
Replies
Views
Bishbbashbosh
B

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB